Topping TIME’s best blogs of 2011 was The Everywhereist – a funny, slick, globe-trotting travel blog written by the prolific and adorable Geraldine. It’s meant to serve as a reminder to her fella about all the places they’ve been due to his work-trips, but apparently lots of other people like to peek in at their excursions too.
EHHHHH! WHAT HAVE THEY GOT THAT I DON’T?
– Endless and varied travel destination discussions that one could click through for hours
– A way of cubing long-ish information into bite sized pieces (lists, etc)
– Really great cartoony banner image of various landmarks from her trips
– Practical tips on getting around in different cities
– Photos of schnitzel (that’s from her, at left!) and other worldwide tasties
– REGULAR FEATURES such as WTF Wednesday
SO? WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT, B?
-Hey! I’ve been to some places! Maybe sometimes I should write some small tippy things about them.
– Hey! I should cube things into little morsels of numbers and letters to make them easier to digest
– HEY! I SHOULD EAT SOME SCHNITZEL! (Did I mention I’m living in Nigeria right now? That might not be so possible for a while…)
– HEY! Maybe I should make features more regular rather than just when I feel like them! (Urkkkk, that is definitely something I know I need to do but have been too enamored with tippy-typing organically to enforce just yet. Must. Stick. To. Schedules!)
So, hey, THANK YOU, Geraldine and THE EVERYWHEREIST, for helping me get a little bit closer to figuring out what might be THE BESTEST BLOG IN THE CHEESE-LOVIN’ WORLD!